top of page

What to do if I am worried about my child

unhappy face picture

I have concerns about my child, what do I do?

If your child is at school then you should speak to a member of staff, for example the class teacher or Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO). If your child is not of school age, then it’s a good idea to speak with your GP.

What happens when my child is identified as having special educational needs?

When your child is identified as having a special educational need, the setting, school or post 16 provider should give extra help in the classroom ( SEN Support) and make any reasonable adjustments necessary to meet your child's needs.  The setting or school should use a graduated approach based on a four part cycle of Assess, Plan, Do and Review, this will help the school to put in the right support and review progress.   

If your child is not making expected progress you can seek advice and support from the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO), who will help you understand what support is being given to your child.

bottom of page